Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thanksgiving Plans

So...We changed our Thanksgiving plans this year. Usually we are all over the place....bouncing from my moms to his moms and then back home early. THIS YEAR...we have decided to switch up things and start our new family traditions.
We are staying at home and Im cooking dinner, Hubby has to work from 7pm-7am black friday morning....so...we wont have much time to do things but I plan on trying to do as much as we can.
I plan on cooking the turkey overnight Wednesday and getting up early to start the food. Im hoping we can eat by noon.
I rented the movies Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and Wizard of Oz to watch with the kids. We dont have cable...so no Parade for us! I plan on putting up our Christmas tree, the decorations and the lights outside. Then maby in the evening I was going to maby have the kids write their letters to Santa Claus...but we will see.
As for our Menu...we are haveing the following:

Turkey
Stuffing
Mash Potatoes and Gravy
Candied Yams
Deviled Eggs
Dinner rolls
Cranberry sauce
Scalloped Corn
Squash
Pumpkin Pie
Apple Pie

YUM! I CANT WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment